The Digital Transformation Grant (DTG) program provides funding for online assessment, advisory support, and training to businesses that are looking to go digital. Ontario BIA Association (OBIAA) is administrating this grant. Applications are accepted until November 30th, 2021 (or until the funds are exhausted).
What are the objectives of the DTG program? To guide small businesses with going digital and to train the small businesses with literacy skills to execute their digital transformation plan.
What to do with a $2,500 grant?
If you are just getting started, having a website to display your business information and direct your visitors is crucial. If you already own a website, we recommend social media marketing to increase your clients and sales. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 4163603434 to create your Digital Transformation Plan.
What are the requirements?
Must be a business that:
- Has a permanent 'brick-and-mortar' establishment in Ontario
- Is employing 1-50 employees
- Has not received a DTG previously
- Is paying commercial property tax (commercially assessed), either directly or through commercial rent
- Is a registered business in Ontario and/or is incorporated
- Is open for business/operating at the time of application (not a start-up)
- Is open to the general public for walk-in and onsite purchases of goods and services - NOT A WHOLESALER OR MANUFACTURER
- Is NOT a business supplying digital services to other businesses (e.g. website design/development, SEO, programming)
- Is NOT a franchise, including those individually owned and operated
- Is NOT a not-for-profit/ charitable organization
- Is NOT renting office space on a temporary basis (month-to-month)
- Is NOT in a shared workspace such as a hot desk or dedicated desk
- Is NOT a purely online business
- An Ontario resident operating a business in Ontario.
- An individual of 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Has completed the Digital Transformation for Main Street program, which includes:
- The Digital Main Street Assessment
- Has passed the eligibility quiz
- The online training
- Developing a Digital Transformation Plan
*OBIAA reserves the right to determine who is eligible/ineligible on a case-by-case basis.
How to apply?